Operations Manager, MakerBay
Location: Tsuen Wan and PMQ, Hong Kong
Full-time or Part-time. Start Date: Immediately - open ended
MakerBay is the first large-scale independent makerspace tailored for the creative community in Hong Kong. We believe that innovative technology should contribute to the benefit of our society and our environment. We provide a large co-working space, diverse range of tools, value-added services and a vibrant community. We are home to some of the most promising hardware startups in the region. We provide comprehensive Maker Education to both children and adults. Find out more about us at www.makerbay.org.
Overview of the Role
MakerBay is a fast growing startup. We are looking for an Operations Manager to oversee the daily operations of the company to ensure smooth operation and provision of services to our members and clients. Your role is critical to the growth of the company.
As Operations Manager, you will oversee all daily operations and manage multiple projects at the same time. You will report directing to the Founder and Director of MakerBay.
You responsibilities will include:
- Admin, finance and human resources: implement and manage
- Project Management
- Membership: Develop and manage
- Facility: Ensure the functioning and maintenance of the facilities
- Internal communications: manage a diverse and passionate team
- External communications: marketing
- Oversees Events and Programmes
At least 2 years of experience in operations, administration and human resources management, preferably with one or more organizations that have grown significantly.
- Highly organized, detail oriented
- Ability to manage people to complete excellent projects
- Ready to get hands-on when the project needs it
- Demonstrated experience with a social enterprise or startup
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Chinese
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with the judgment to know when to seek guidance.
- Willingness to learn and experiment, persistent, conscientious and resourceful
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Experience in developing and implementing systems and policies of a company
- Demonstrated ability to both lead and build the capabilities of a passionate and diverse team
- Navigates organizational infrastructures and environments to create pathways to communicate clearly and effectively and solve problems.
- While problem-solving, being a solution-minded person
- Energetically leads programs with enthusiasm and can build team spirit.
Candidates with less experience will be considered as Operations Executive.
You should apply if you are:
- Passionate about social and environmental issues and commitment to become the agency of change
- Able to turn an abstract idea into a tangible action quickly
Willing to work with a dynamic and diverse team
- Looking to turn your passions and ideas into real projects
- Enthusiastic about using your experience and expertise to help a fast growing startup to continue to develop
Working Hours and Location
- Working hours: 9 hours a day, 5 days per week (occasional evening and weekend shifts required)
- Locations: MakerBay Tsuen Wan, MakerBay PMQ and other sites as needed.
Please send your CV and one page cover letter (A4 size) to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your interest in the position and expected salary.