Full-time / Part-time
Start Date: Immediately
MakerBay is the first large-scale independent makerspace tailored for the creative community in Hong Kong. We believe that innovative technology should contribute to the benefit of our society and our environment. We provide a large co-working space, diverse range of tools, value-added services and a vibrant community. We are home to some of the most promising hardware startups in the region. We also provide comprehensive Maker Education to both children and adults. Find out more about us at www.makerbay.org.
Overview of the Role
We are a young and quickly growing startup so we are looking for a multi-talented person to manage the Finance and Administrative functions as well as provide office management and reception support. You will be excited to work in a creative environment with a diverse and motivated team. You will report to the Managing Director and also work independently. You will be a major team-player to make one of Hong Kong rising social enterprise achieve more social and environmental impact with innovative projects.
- Bookkeeping (invoices, payments, claims and receipts)
- Monthly reporting for Directors
- Prepare taxes
- Administration of strategic initiatives
- Office Management
- Manage procurement and inventory
- Receptionist duties
- Assist in clerical support, special projects and events as needed
- Prior work experience in Finance & Administrative roles (minimum of 2 years)
- Excellent facilitation, communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven, resourceful and works well under pressure and deadlines
- Detail-oriented and ability to prioritize work
- Fluent in both written and spoken Cantonese and English
- Proficient in Mandarin is an advantage
- Proficient in QuickBooks (or other accounting software) and Microsoft Office
Working Hours and Location
- Working hours: 09:00 - 18:00, Mon-Fri (occasional evening and weekend shift required)
- Location: MakerBay Yau Tong and MakerBay PMQ.
Salary : Negotiable
Please send your CV and one page cover letter (A4 size) to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your interest in the position and expected salary.