Contract base, Part time. Start Date: Immediately
Feb 10, 2017
MakerBay is the first large-scale independent makerspace tailored for the creative community in Hong Kong. We believe that innovative technology should contribute to the benefit of our society and our environment. We provide a large co-working space, diverse range of tools, value-added services and a vibrant community. We are home to some of the most promising hardware startups in the region. We also provide comprehensive Maker Education to both children and adults. Find out more about us at www.makerbay.org.
Overview of the Role
We are looking for our marketing and salesperson to help us to let the world know about our community, workshops, membership, studios, events, partnership and sponsorship opportunities. If you are interested in the field of innovation, education, design and technology, you will find this job particularly stimulating as it is a very open and interdisciplinary. This position will allow you to think out of the box, explore new relationships, liaise with schools, corporate clients, parents, the startup community and much more. You will also have the opportunity to develop your own creative and maker skills by taking maker classes, having access to MakerBay great workshops to do your own creative and impactful projects.
- Passion for the Maker Movement and how it can impact the world positively
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in marketing, sales, social media management
- Fluency in English and Chinese
- Market research and analytics
- Good understanding of Hong Kong Education and innovation Industries
- Excellent communication capability, oral, writing. Outgoing personality, enjoying networking events
- Capacity to write communication material for web and print. Graphic design, video editing is a big plus
- Willingness to learn and experiment, Team player, persistent, conscientious, resourceful and detail-oriented
- Experience working with youth is an advantage
Working Hours and Location
- Working hours: 10:00 - 19:00, Mon-Fri (occasional evening and weekend shifts required)
- Locations: MakerBay Yau Tong, MakerBay PMQ and other sites as needed.
Please send your CV and one page cover letter (A4 size) to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your interest in the position and expected salary.