Join one of the most exciting makerspaces and startups in Hong Kong !
MakerBay is the first large-scale independent makerspace tailored for the creative community in Hong Kong. We believe that innovative technology can and should contribute to the benefit of our society and our environment. We provide a large co-working space, diverse range of tools, value-added services and a vibrant community. We are home to some of the most promising hardware startups in the region. We also provide comprehensive Maker Education to both children and adults. Find out more about us at www.makerbay.org
The Community Developer role at MakerBay is an exceptional opportunity for someone interested in growing and developing the maker community and culture. You will be joining a small and dynamic team with diverse backgrounds and expertise. The Community Developer will:
- Manage and grow our events and education programs
- Recruit and liaise with instructors, schools, participants and members
- Take leadership in improving operations and the experience of members
- Update the website and social media
- 2+ years of working experience in Event Planning, Marketing, Sales, or relevant role
- Enjoy working with people (including kids)
- Care about the environment and people
- Self-starter and ability to work in a team
- Resourceful, perseverant and detail-oriented
- Creative and curious
- Good command of English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Interest in engineering or education is preferred
- Location: MakerBay, Yau Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Working Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00 - 18:00 (occasional weekend shift required)
- Duration: One year contract (renewable)
- Development Opportunity: We emphasise personal development of our team members through many formal and informal training and development opportunities.
- Salary: Negotiable
Interested? Please send us the following for consideration:
- Resume (not longer than one page)
- Letter of Interest
- Reference letter(s) (optional)
- Portfolio is a plus (creative / technical work)
Send to email@example.com with "Community Developer” in the Subject line.
Application Deadline: Friday, July 8th (11:59 pm)
Interviews will start as soon as we receive your application.