Today, we were very lucky to have the visit and share lunch with the Biohacker Josiah Zayner. It was great to hear first person his perspective about his work, the community and how the field of biohacking is moving, in the USA, China and other places.
Here is an hour and a half lunch. Below are some of the things we talked about:
- Josiah Zayner Odin Company
- Hong Kong regulations on GMOs
- Zebra fish embryos to test toxics in Hong Kong Science Park
- Low cost biosimilar drugs
- Genetic Immunotheraty
- Assistant Professor He Jiankui and GMO baby in China
- Zika virus and GMO viruses
- Ben Goertzel
- Ubiome Scandal on Boing Boing: "Theranos but for poop"
- Right to try
As of May 2019, only two patients have received access to investigational medical products through the federal right to try pathway. One of these patients is Matthew Bellina, a person with ALS who advocated for the federal right to try law and one of the patients for whom it is named.
- A 'Grueling and Grotesque' Biohacking Experiment
Josiah recommends a sequence to build a local DIY Bio community
Next workshop equipment
We'd love to see you around again in Hong Kong!