Laser Cutting Induction Class (Machine Operation and Safety)
COMPULSORY CLASS IF YOU WANT TO USE THE MACHINES
Interested in using a laser cutting to realize your projects? Come and learn how to master laser cutting in a safe and supportive environment!
After completion of this class, you will be allowed to use the laser cutter at both our workshop in Yau Tong and Central.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Learn the operations of the laser cutter
- Develop skills with layering on .dxf/.ai files
- Practise engravement on different materials
Fee includes all material costs. To make sure each participant receive individualized attention, we maintain a low student-to-instructor ratio. Classes fill up quickly. Please sign up early to secure your seat.Class Details:
Language: Cantonese/ English
Duration: Approximately 2 hours
Age range: 16 years old or above
Fee: HKD 400/person
- Bring your own laptop to try out the software and kickstart your first laser project
- MakerBay reserves the right to reschedule or cancel an enrollment at any time due to the class size of less than a minimum of 3 students per class.
- MakerBay reserves the right to change the class instructor for courses or individual private lessons as deemed appropriate or necessary. MakerBay is not required to provide prior notice for such arrangements.
- Requests to switch courses or skip course levels will be subject to MakerBay’s assessment and course availability.
- For classes cancelled due to unexpected public health warnings, i.e. swine flu, MakerBay will try to accommodate the majority with makeup classes but with no guarantee.
- Classes will not be cancelled during AMBER or RED rainstorm signal.
- For classes cancelled due to severe weather conditions, such as Typhoon 8 or above, or BLACK rainstorm signal, MakerBay will try to make accommodate the majority with no guarantee.
- Classes will not be cancelled if weather signals for Typhoon 8 or Black Rain are lowered four hours before the scheduled start time of the class
USE OF IMAGES & VIDEO
- Workshop attendees are permitted to film themselves/friends/fellow participants (with permission) during the practical phases of the workshop for their own personal use / social media etc.
- MakerBay reserves the right to take photographs or videos during the operation of any workshop or part thereof and to use the resulting photography in whole or in part for promotional purposes, including, but not limited to: advertising and publicity both in print and electronic media. By signing a workshop/class with MakerBay, participants agree to allow their images to be used in such promotions; participants who prefer that their image not be used are asked to identify themselves to the MakerBay at the commencement of the workshop.