Woodwork Induction Class (Machine Operation and Safety)
COMPULSORY CLASS IF YOU WANT TO USE THE MACHINES
Interested in creating your own design with wood? Join this class to learn the various techniques and safety operation of woodworking machines!
After completion of this class, you will be allowed to use the woodworking machines at our workshops.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Learn how to safely operate woodworking machines including compound sliding mitre saw, band saw, circular saw, jigsaw and wood router
- Understand the basics of woodworking
- Develop fundamental woodworking techniques
Fee includes all material costs. To make sure each participant receive individualized attention, we maintain a low student-to-instructor ratio. Classes fill up quickly. Please sign up early to secure your seat.
Location: MakerBay Tsuen Wan
Duration: Approximately 2-2.5 hours
Age range: 16 years old or above
Fee: HKD 400/ person
- Wear long pants, close-fitted shirt (avoid loose clothing as they might get caught by the machines)
- Wear closed-toe non-slip shoes (no sandals)
- Tie up long hair and avoid loose accessories
- We recommend you to bring extra clothes to change into as it might get dusty
- MakerBay reserves the right to reschedule or cancel an enrollment at any time due to the class size of less than a minimum of 3 students per class.
- MakerBay reserves the right to change the class instructor for courses or individual private lessons as deemed appropriate or necessary. MakerBay is not required to provide prior notice for such arrangements.
- Requests to switch courses or skip course levels will be subject to MakerBay’s assessment and course availability.
- For classes cancelled due to unexpected public health warnings, i.e. swine flu, MakerBay will try to accommodate the majority with makeup classes but with no guarantee.
- Classes will not be cancelled during AMBER or RED rainstorm signal.
- For classes cancelled due to severe weather conditions, such as Typhoon 8 or above, or BLACK rainstorm signal, MakerBay will try to make accommodate the majority with no guarantee.
- Classes will not be cancelled if weather signals for Typhoon 8 or Black Rain are lowered four hours before the scheduled start time of the class
USE OF IMAGES & VIDEO
- Workshop attendees are permitted to film themselves/friends/fellow participants (with permission) during the practical phases of the workshop for their own personal use / social media etc.
- MakerBay reserves the right to take photographs or videos during the operation of any workshop or part thereof and to use the resulting photography in whole or in part for promotional purposes, including, but not limited to: advertising and publicity both in print and electronic media. By signing a workshop/class with MakerBay, participants agree to allow their images to be used in such promotions; participants who prefer that their image not be used are asked to identify themselves to the MakerBay at the commencement of the workshop.