(Old) Apply for The Hope Makers
- Develop Internet of Things (IoT) waste reduction solutions for a community
- Promote learning across various disciplines
- Cultivate a multidisciplinary, creative, and proactive culture in problem solving
- Age 15 - 28
- Full-time students of tertiary level education (e.g. universities, IVE, community colleges, etc.)
- Able to commit to all mandatory activities
- With a valid passport by December 31, 2017
*Mandatory Activities (Dates are subject to changes)
#Top 3 teams will be invited to the Japan trip and later stages of the program
Participants must be able to commit to all mandatory dates. Additional hours to work on prototype development may also be required. The number of additional hours necessary will depend on collaborative group efforts.
Relevant knowledge and/or experience in IoT, product design, or environmental issues
Demonstrated academic and/or extracurricular excellence
Though priority will be given to students in the fields of design, software engineering, environmental science and engineering, students of all disciplines are encouraged to apply
All applications will be reviewed. Only completed applications will be considered. Please refer to the application checklist and ensure all components are submitted on time. Decisions will be made in mid-March.
In the application, you will be asked to provide basic personal information and answer the following prompts with 300 words or less.
- Please introduce yourself. Why is it important for you to be part of this program? How can you contribute to this program?
- Name one waste issue you hope to tackle. What inspired you?
- Please share any relevant project/experience you have participated in the past.
- Short bio
□ Application Form (Google form)
Materials to be uploaded: Please name application materials as Applicant's Name_Document (e.g. John Lam_Student ID)
□ Scanned copy of a valid student ID
□ Portfolio of related projects (optional)
□ Any additional information to support your application (e.g. website, video, drawing, or writing) (optional)
□ Recommendation Letter (optional)
If you have any question, please contact Program Manager, Aki Leung, at email@example.com