Community Developer, MakerBay (Now Closed)
Location: Yau Tong, Hong Kong
Full-time or Part-time. Start Date: Immediately - open ended
MakerBay is the first large-scale independent makerspace tailored for the creative community in Hong Kong. We believe that innovative technology should contribute to the benefit of our society and our environment. We provide a large co-working space, diverse range of tools, value-added services and a vibrant community. We are home to some of the most promising hardware startups in the region. We provide comprehensive Maker Education to both children and adults. Find out more about us at www.makerbay.org.
Overview of the Role
As the Community Developer, you play a critical role in building the maker community. You will be the first point of contact of our members and visitors of MakerBay. You are expected to grow the maker community by organizing events for members, open house and tours for visitors, and take an active role in expanding the membership base. The Community Developer will also take up the role of social media marketing and response to general enquiries.
You will be excited to work in a creative environment with a diverse and motivated team. You will be a major team-player to make one of Hong Kong rising social enterprise achieve more social and environmental impact with innovative projects.
You responsibilities will include:
- Initiate and organise regular events for both members and non-members to maintain and develop the maker community
- Maintain membership database and ensure timely payment of membership fee
- Actively promote MakerBay to potential users to expand membership base
- Welcome members and visitors and provide tours and presentation of the MakerBay
- Develop content for social media and blog posts of MakerBay
- Assist in the implementation of projects
- Response to enquiries regarding MakerBay events and membership
- Ensure and maintain the comfort and functioning of the space for our members
At least 2 years of experience in community development, membership management and customer service:
- Highly organised, detail oriented
- Good command of written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Chinese
- Ability to initiate and organise events for the community
- Experience in membership management and customer service
- Experience in facility management
- Interest in maker culture and social entrepreneurship
- Willingness to work on weekend shift
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with the judgment to know when to seek guidance.
- Passionate about social and environment issues and commitment to become the agency of change
- Willing to work with a dynamic and diverse team
- Looking to turn your passions and ideas into real projects
Working Hours and Location
- Working hours: 10:00 - 19:00, Mon-Fri (occasional evening and weekend shifts required)
- Locations: MakerBay Yau Tong, MakerBay PMQ and other sites as needed.
Please send your CV and one page cover letter (A4 size) to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your interest in the position and expected salary.