[MakerBay Yau Tong] DIY Mini Drone Workshop | DIY迷你無人機
Build your own Mini-Drone!
It’s fun to fly a drone, it’s even more enjoyable to fly a drone built by yourself! We are having a workshop on February 4, 2017 to build your own mini-drone! This workshop is open to all aged 8 years or above, parents are welcome to join to enjoy a family day together.
Building your own mini drone is the best way to understand the mechanics behind the machine and allows your kids to master the skills of flying before investing in a more expensive one. Please note that you will need an android phone or tablet to operate the drone.
感受自己製作的無人機在空中上飛行！ 2017年2月4日，我們在油塘有一個小型無人機製作工作坊。工作坊合適8歲以上的朋友，當然我們歡迎父母一同加入，享受美好家庭的時光。建立小型無人機是了解機械原理的最佳途徑，讓您的孩子掌握飛行技巧。參加者需要自備 andriods 平板電腦或手機作無人機的遙控。
Participants will learn the following at this workshop:
- Basic components of a mini drone
- Putting together all the parts
- Flashing the Microcontroller (MCU) with an open source flight controller software
- Setting the basic parameters/tuning of the flight controller
- Connecting to the mini drone via android app
- Basic safety checklist
- FLYING IT
Specifications of Mini Drone:
- STM32 based Flight Controller MCU with MPU6050 (Accelerometer/Gyro) and HMC5883L (Megnetometer/Compass)
- HC-05 (Arduino Bluetooth module)
- 4x 7mm brushed motors
- 2x Clockwise propellers
- 2x Counter clockwise propellers
- 1x 3.7v 380mAh Lithium Polymer battery
- 1x USB battery charger cable
- Location: MakerBay Yau Tong
- Age Limit: 8 year old or above
- Language: English, supplemented with Cantonese
- Duration: Approximately 3 hours
- Max number of participating family: 6
About the InstructorKen Chew is an IT Professional by day and a maker by night. He went into flying drones about 2 years ago starting with a toy mini quadcopter he received from his wife for Christmas which he flew almost nightly until he broke/fixed/mastered it, whichever came first.
Since then he constantly learned more and built even more custom drones. From racers to aerial photography/videography drones, and on industrial platform grade drones. He is currently engaged in building a drone platform for mapping, remote sensing and agricultural monitoring, combining customized open source applications and hardware.