Kids Make Series: Wooden Car
We will be making a powered wooden car from plywood / MDF
The best way to learn is to learn by doing, so by doing this your child will understand how to use drills, how to solder, saw, file, use sandpaper, and wire up a button-battery-motor combination.
They will also understand gear ratios (fractions) and the principles of friction.
Parents are encouraged to join, free of charge, to hang out, talk to everyone, but please allow your kids the freedom to experiment, make mistakes and play. (work at their pace)
It should take two sessions, (Two Continuous Wednesday) to finish the car
Each session lasts approximately two hours
Session 1: Make the car
Session 2; Power it up and see who's is fastest.
Location: MakerBay Central
Age Limit: 8 or above
Date: 1st Session: 1st Wednesday or 3rd Wednesday of the Month
2nd Session: 2nd or 4th Wednesday of the Month
Time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Price: HKD 550 for 2 sessions
Sign Up: http://bit.ly/2whKJyQ
Wear long pants, close-fitted shirt with short sleeves (avoid loose clothing as they might get caught by the machines)
Wear closed-toe non-slip shoes (no sandals)
Tie up long hair and avoid loose accessories
We recommend you to bring extra clothes to change into as it might get dusty
- MakerBay reserves the right to reschedule or cancel an enrollment at any time due to the class size of less than a minimum of 3 students per class.
- MakerBay reserves the right to change the class instructor for courses or individual private lessons as deemed appropriate or necessary. MakerBay is not required to provide prior notice for such arrangements.
- Requests to switch courses or skip course levels will be subject to MakerBay’s assessment and course availability.
- For classes cancelled due to unexpected public health warnings, i.e. swine flu, MakerBay will try to accommodate the majority with makeup classes but with no guarantee.
- Classes will not be cancelled during AMBER or RED rainstorm signal.
- For classes cancelled due to severe weather conditions, such as Typhoon 8 or above, or BLACK rainstorm signal, MakerBay will try to make accommodate the majority with no guarantee.
- Classes will not be cancelled if weather signals for Typhoon 8 or Black Rain are lowered four hours before the scheduled start time of the class
USE OF IMAGES & VIDEO
- Workshop attendees are permitted to film themselves/friends/fellow participants (with permission) during the practical phases of the workshop for their own personal use / social media etc.
- MakerBay reserves the right to take photographs or videos during the operation of any workshop or part thereof and to use the resulting photography in whole or in part for promotional purposes, including, but not limited to: advertising and publicity both in print and electronic media. By signing a workshop/class with MakerBay, participants agree to allow their images to be used in such promotions; participants who prefer that their image not be used are asked to identify themselves to the MakerBay at the commencement of the workshop.