Polished 3D Prints – Red-White-Blue Series
Participants will bring home a set of 3 red-white-blue animal figures done in Polysmooth material polished by Isopropyl Alcohol using the Polysher nebuliser device.
Participants are shown popular web repositories for 3D printable models and taught how to use the software 3D builder to separate a model in 3 parts. They would then practice alcohol-welding using pre-printed parts (sticking the red, white, blue pieces together). Finally, the assembled model will be placed into the Polysher nebuliser for around 20-40 minutes for surface polishing.
Participants are offered a discounted price on the purchase of the Polysmoooooth Cow (Polymaker remix of a Yahoo!Japan design)
Main Takeaways (Please list learning goals in bullet points):
● How to use 3D Builder to split a model into sub parts
● How to use the Polysher device to post process 3D printed parts for a smooth surface finish
Language: Cantonese/ English
Duration: 1.5 hours
Age range: 6 years old or above
Fee: HKD 480/ person
Sign up: http://bit.ly/2x4gEr9
- MakerBay reserves the right to reschedule or cancel an enrollment at any time due to the class size of less than a minimum of 3 students per class.
- MakerBay reserves the right to change the class instructor for courses or individual private lessons as deemed appropriate or necessary. MakerBay is not required to provide prior notice for such arrangements.
- Requests to switch courses or skip course levels will be subject to MakerBay’s assessment and course availability.
- For classes cancelled due to unexpected public health warnings, i.e. swine flu, MakerBay will try to accommodate the majority with makeup classes but with no guarantee.
- Classes will not be cancelled during AMBER or RED rainstorm signal.
- For classes cancelled due to severe weather conditions, such as Typhoon 8 or above, or BLACK rainstorm signal, MakerBay will try to make accommodate the majority with no guarantee.
- Classes will not be cancelled if weather signals for Typhoon 8 or Black Rain are lowered four hours before the scheduled start time of the class
USE OF IMAGES & VIDEO
- Workshop attendees are permitted to film themselves/friends/fellow participants (with permission) during the practical phases of the workshop for their own personal use / social media etc.
- MakerBay reserves the right to take photographs or videos during the operation of any workshop or part thereof and to use the resulting photography in whole or in part for promotional purposes, including, but not limited to: advertising and publicity both in print and electronic media. By signing a workshop/class with MakerBay, participants agree to allow their images to be used in such promotions; participants who prefer that their image not be used are asked to identify themselves to the MakerBay at the commencement of the workshop.