Wood Jamming Series: Spice Rack
Take your woodworking skill to the next level and dance a little.
This first session of wood jamming and we will learn two fundamental joinery skills,
the “sliding dovetail” joint and the “mortise and tenon” joint. These techniques can be used for making most things- houses,chairs, shelves, etc. - But for this session we will be making a spice rack.
Of course, you should modify the design to suit you (measure your kitchen space, for example).
What to expect:
the instructor shows you how to make these two joins, then you practice, while the instructor goes around and gives personalised hints and tips. The class should take roughly 3 hours.
Location: MakerBay Central (PMQ unit H-508)
Date: Every Tuesday Starting 19 Sep 2017 to 19 Dec 2017
Time: 7pm - 10pm
Price: $350 per person.
Instriction language: English
No. of people: min: 4 / max: 8
Sign Up: http://bit.ly/2wl24qF
Wear long pants, close-fitted shirt with short sleeves (avoid loose clothing as they might get caught by the machines)
Wear closed-toe non-slip shoes (no sandals)
Tie up long hair and avoid loose accessories
We recommend you to bring extra clothes to change into as it might get dusty
- MakerBay reserves the right to reschedule or cancel an enrollment at any time due to the class size of less than a minimum of 3 students per class.
- MakerBay reserves the right to change the class instructor for courses or individual private lessons as deemed appropriate or necessary. MakerBay is not required to provide prior notice for such arrangements.
- Requests to switch courses or skip course levels will be subject to MakerBay’s assessment and course availability.
- For classes cancelled due to unexpected public health warnings, i.e. swine flu, MakerBay will try to accommodate the majority with makeup classes but with no guarantee.
- Classes will not be cancelled during AMBER or RED rainstorm signal.
- For classes cancelled due to severe weather conditions, such as Typhoon 8 or above, or BLACK rainstorm signal, MakerBay will try to make accommodate the majority with no guarantee.
- Classes will not be cancelled if weather signals for Typhoon 8 or Black Rain are lowered four hours before the scheduled start time of the class
USE OF IMAGES & VIDEO
- Workshop attendees are permitted to film themselves/friends/fellow participants (with permission) during the practical phases of the workshop for their own personal use / social media etc.
- MakerBay reserves the right to take photographs or videos during the operation of any workshop or part thereof and to use the resulting photography in whole or in part for promotional purposes, including, but not limited to: advertising and publicity both in print and electronic media. By signing a workshop/class with MakerBay, participants agree to allow their images to be used in such promotions; participants who prefer that their image not be used are asked to identify themselves to the MakerBay at the commencement of the workshop.